Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Where Have the Good Rentals Gone?

This week, I've rented Must Love Dogs and Into The Blue. One sucked and the other was enjoyable, you guess which.

Ok, now that you've guessed incorrectly, let me let give you a few hints:

One of them uses every movie-script-magic trick known (i.e., the gay couple who represent the only healthy couple in the entire movie [I'm blanking on the name, but it will come to me later], the family signing moment [reminding you of My Best Friend's Wedding, which also starred Dermot Mulroney...interesting], the instant family member [reminding you of Kate Hudson in How to Lose A Guy in Ten Days], and so on and so on.) This is the one I didn't like.

The other one had a great plot...broke young couple in the Bahamas finds the mother lode of all treasures, then a sunken drug plane nearby. The rest of the movie is spent with action, twists, fun and a happy ending. This is the one I liked.

Rent them both and see what you think.

~ Brock

2 comments:

Traci said...

I guess I will be renting Into the Blue, then. Thanks for the insider info!

Brock Shinen, Esq. said...

Don't hold it against me ;)