Monday, December 05, 2005

Cookbooks We Need

It seems like there's a cookbook from pretty much anything...one-pot cooking, Asian, French, 30 minute cooking, healthy cooking, etc., etc. What I haven't seen is a cookbook that is based around certain spices or one that breaks down regions of food by primary spices used. When you want to experiment with a type of food, you're left with seeing what spices are typical to other types of dishes in that region. Know what I mean?

I want to be able to look up Lime, for example, and find that it's common in this country, that country, etc. Or, I want to look up Coriander and find the same thing. That way, if I have a chicken breast and feel like making something Brazilian, I would know what spices to test out.

Wish in one hand...

~ Brock

No comments: