Friday, June 17, 2005

Coldplay's X&Y

It's been a long time since I've listened to an album five times in a day, for days. That's what's happening with Coldplay's latest release, X&Y. It's a damn good album and much better than Rush of Blood and Parachutes. The great thing about Coldplay is their development. Sure, Parachutes was a great album, but when Rush of Blood came along, it blew it away. Now they release this. I fall asleep with it playing in my head and wake up with it in my head. In fact, I'm taking my nightly run sans MP3 player because I CAN'T GET THEM OUT OF MY HEAD. It's folksy, rocksy, cool and there isn't a single song I skip. I've heard they've been compared to U2 (or that they're supposed to pick up where U2 left/leaves off), but I haven't really cared for U2 since the late '80's, and, I don't think their music rightly compares to U2. Coldplay has a sound that reminds you of some good old stuff (like Echo and the Bunnymen) and at the same time is relevant for this time. While some say it's a great album, there are others that disagree. For me, it's a dope album and I recommend it to everyone.

~ Brock

No comments: