Thursday, September 01, 2005

Variations On Favorites

I was thinking back to Jason's recipe for pasta with sausage and mushroom cream (August 8 post) and wanted to try it tonight. But, I felt like shrimp instead of sausage, and wanted to try Portobello mushrooms instead of criminis.

I've never made a mushroom cream sauce, but this had to be one of the best cream pastas I've ever made. Everything went perfect. I pan fried the shrimp in butter and olive oil first, then removed it. I then fried the mushrooms for a few minutes, then added the shallots. Fried some more for about 2 minutes, then added white wine and whipping cream (equal portions). Boiled, then simmered that sauce for about 20 minutes, until it thickened up nicely. Meanwhile, the rigatoni was done and waiting. Once the sauce was finished, I added the pasta and shrimp and stirred. Oh yeah, I added sea salt and cracked pepper in there somewhere.

Excellent meal!!

~ Brock

No comments: