Friday, September 23, 2005

Curry Chicken Salad


Seeing many of J's recipes makes me hungry. I don't always have the ingredients his recipes call for, so I improvise. Well, I can't say that I improvise, because I don't replace one ingredient for another. Actually, I make something entirely different. Well, the idea is similar. Oh well.

1 head romaine lettuce
1 can chunk chicken (drained)
curry powder
toasted pine nuts
1/2 red onion
1/2 cup grape/cherry tomatoes
crumbled gorgonzola

dressing:
1/2 cup balsalmic vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tbsp mustard
ground pepper
ground garlic

Pull the romaine apart into edible-sized pieces; arrange on plates
thinly slice red onions, top the lettuce
drop tomatoes on top
Place chicken in bowl and add generous portion of curry powder. Mix well, then add chunks on top of salad
drop gorgonzola on top, followed by pine nuts
Add dressing

Enjoy!

~ Brock

No comments: