Friday, February 24, 2006

Wine Review:


2003 Loring Wine Co. Pinot Noir
Rosellas Vineyard

At first, the nose was very muted. I think I smelled a balloon. It opened up to show lots of earth mixed with brambly fruit. On the attack there was immediate cherry cola followed by a touch of anise. This wine showed more earthy tones than the other 03 Lorings. Lots of leather and tobacco. Softer than the other 03s I had. I think this is at a drink now phase. Very nice.

91 pts

Brian Loring has been living in Southern California, with a day job, and making wine in his free time. He has had amazing success and will now be making wine full time. And look out for an interview with Brian Loring in the upcoming months. Email me if there are any questions you would like to ask this artisan Pinot Noir maker.

Jason

No comments: